Friday, September 6, 2013

5 for FRIDAY!

I think every person I passed in the hallway today looked at me and said "TGIF!!"  I'm not sure about you, but I really think that four day weeks that begin on Tuesday take more energy out of me than a regular week! I think I try and cram 5 days worth of activities into 4!

Well in this crazy, FUN short week, my little nuggets managed to get so much accomplished!



{one} Daily 5: Read to Self


It's no secret that I'm a huge proponent of Daily 5. I began using it 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. I love this part of Daily 5 because I..I mean the KIDS...get such a rush out of trying to build their stamina and seeing how far they get each day! After only 9 days, I'm proud to say that my little first grade nuggets are up to 15 minutes!!!! I have been extra picky this year and can't wait to see what great readers my babes become!

{two} Math Tubs


I am obsessed with my math block this year. We have an hour and a half, first thing in the morning for math workshop! I finally feel like I have my act together in this area! I start everyday with Everyday Calendar Math and then a little whole group mini lesson! Then we have time for math tubs and small group! We started using Reagan's Back to School Math Centers and my kids were instantly engaged. I really think what made the difference this year with math tubs was that I have approached it like Daily 5. We are building our math stamina. We also have reviewed each day what "math talk" is and how to work with a partner. In small groups, we worked activities from Anna's Common Core Numbers to 120 unit! The kids loved all the hands on work!

{three} Window Markers

As I was "just checking" the school supply section of Wal-Mart, I noticed some Crayola Window Markers. I fondly remembered my own first grade classroom with Mrs. Bennett when she let us paint and decorate the windows for every holiday. I decided that since I had such fond memories that have lasted 20 years, I'm sure my kids would love to do something similiar. Since we were practicing popcorn words and my kids were getting bored with chanting them, sky writing, etc. I knew that window writing was the way to go! I only have one small window but that didn't matter. This kept their attention for a solid 20 minutes. They were just DYING to get picked!

Our instructional coach thought this was the neatest thing and comes in every once in awhile to leave them a little note on the window! ;)


{four} C-L-E-M-S-O-N



I am a Clemson grad (I think it's finally time to stop saying..."recent Clemson grad") and love everything orange and purple. This year I get to work with an amazing group of teachers, some of whom happen to be fellow tigers! Sweet Emily, a first year teacher, just graduated from Clemson. I officially feel old now that I am someone else's mentor...Lord help her!!! :)

{five} MY CLASS

Yall...I am IN LOVE with my class. I have loved every class and every student that has ever graced my presence but there is just something about these little ones that melts my heart...everyday. I thought it was just the "honeymoon" period...but that phase has passed and I'm still convinced I have the greatest class on the planet. Now..they are NOT perfect by any means but they are sweet, kind, loving, respectful and so eager to learn! Ahh...I just love their innocence! Did I mention they are HILARIOUS. I mean I crack up multiple times a day. I've started to write down their funny expressions, stories, etc. One of my sweet little ones decided to give us a little TMI the other day. We were discussing Super Heroes and he raised his hand to share this little tidbit...

"Miss Lane, my favorite super hero is Batman! I EVEN have Batman on my UNDERWEAR!!!"

I've been so busy enjoying these babes that I haven't even had time for a group pic. Hopefully we will fit that in next week between Fountas & Pinnell Benchmarks, Curriculum Night, their very first math test, and LIFE!

I will be back sometime tomorrow with a little ditty about my new fave pencil sharpener and another giveaway!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

47 comments:

  1. Aw... I love that you love your class! I had that experience last year AND in student teaching! This year I don't have my own classroom. I have been super blessed with easy to love little ones last year and the year before, I hope for more of that in the future! Thanks for sharing your five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Five for Friday... love the classroom pictures. All your kiddos look organized and on task! Your window writing is a great idea. I'm headed over to Walmart tonight!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your window writing idea! The windows in my room are really high up - but I almost want to let them stand on chairs just to do it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link on Five for Friday. Following! Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated your adorable blog for a Liebster Award! Head on over to blog for more information if you are interested in participating.
    Take Care,
    ~Amanda
    3rdgradefabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Improving the professional identity on the internet is presently very effortless. Just generate a LinkedIn profile and start enhancing it by buying LinkedIn Endorsements, Connections and Followers. buy linkedin follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the Facebook 5 Star Scores there has been more focus on real engagement of users and significantly less focus on fluffy metrics of vanity. buy facebook reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. No longer longing to get well known at this time. Buy Facebook Followers as a strategy to get fame and acceptance online in a shorter time period. buying facebook follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worried of being cheated when you Buy YouTube Views? On this site, we guide you doing so. buy real youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  10. Android App Store reviews/ratings aren’t consistently trustworthy & consistent as broadly offered on internet. For authentic App Store reviews & ratings, we're there to accomplish your requirements. buy android reviews and ratings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life long Replacement is something that you seldom find, while you Buy facebook reviews. Merely a handful of decent agencies provide this. facebook ratings

    ReplyDelete
  12. أفضلية شركتنا عن الشركات الأخرى في عزل خزانات المياه بحفر الباطن ؟!

    مهما كانت حجم المشكلة لديك ومهما كانت مدى صعوبتها فلدينا فريق عمل محترف مُجهز بأحدث المعدات ومُدرب على تنفيذ جميع العوازل ويمتلك الفريق خبرة كفاية تمكنهُ من التعامل مع جميع أنواع الخزانات بإحترافية شديدة بالإضافة المواد المستخدمة هي مواد عالية الجودة وتستطيع تحمل الرطوبة والحرارة الشديدة وتحفظ على نظافة المياه من التلوث. نقدم أيضاً العزل المائي والعزل الحراري للخزانات حسب المواصفات, صيانة الخزانات بجميع أنواعها سواء كانت خزانات بلاستيكية أو من مصنوعة من الفايبر وغيرها من الخزانات, إصلاح الخزانات سوء كان هذه العيب ناتج عن عيوب الصناعة أو ثقوب حدثت نيتجة للإستخدام المتكرر, يتم إستخدام أجهزة عالية الدقة والجودة في عملية الكشف عن التسربات, لذلك نحن نأفضل شركة عزل خزانات بحفر الباطن بسبب كل هذه المميزات الرائعة التي نوفرها لك

    متي ينبغي عليك الإتصال بنا ؟!

    أفضل شركة عزل خزانات المياه بحفر الباطن
    لإننا أفضل شركة عزل خزانات بحفر الباطن لذلك ينبغي عليك الإتصال بنا حالياً لتستمتع بأفضل الخدمات في حفر الباطن

    ReplyDelete

  13. لأننا جميعاً نرغب في الحصول على مصدر نقي للمياه التي نستخدمها ولا نستطيع أن نضمن حتى نظافة الخزانات التي نستخدمها في منازلنا ,وعلى الرغم من أن عملية تنظيف الخزانات بسيطة إلا أنها تصعب على العمل أن يقوموا بها بمفردهم .
    لا نقومفقط بتنظيف الخزانات بل نقوم ايضا بالعزل بجميع انواعه وافضل الخامات وايضا لدينا احدث الاجهزة لكشف تسربات المياه دون اللجوء الى التكسير
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة عزل خزانات بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة

    ReplyDelete
  14. Observe newest web marketing trends. Buy YouTube subscribers and Compete your competitors. youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  15. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for.
    oven gas
    sosis bakar
    cara membuat cireng
    cara membuat roti bakar
    kerajinan dari botol bekas
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. They possess complete understanding about the bitcoin market that consists of the growth, decrease and can likewise forecast the future of market. ico white paper writer

    ReplyDelete
  17. facebook follower is most important because it is show to the people you are popular on facebook. buy facebook followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض إلى البحرين 0501533591 صقر المملكة
    تعلن شركات نقل اثاث من الرياض إلى البحرين عن وصول أفضل أنواع سيارات النقل والأوناش المخصصة لنقل الأثاث والسيارات الخاصة لتخزين الاثاث لعدم التعرض للخدش وإيصاله من الرياض إلى البحرين بكفاءة وجودة عالية وبالطبع توفر لك [URL=http://www.saqr-sa.com/furniture-transfer-company-outside-riyadh/]شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الي البحرين[/URL]أكفأ أمهر المهندسين والسائقين المدربين على مستوى عالي من الخبرة المهنية فشعار شركتنا هو الثقة فلدينا عمال وفنيين متخصصين في نقل اثاث حيث تلعب الخبرة دور كبير فى عملية المحافظة على رونق العفش والآثاث والمحافظة علية فى حالتة الجديدة كما يوجد لدينا فريق متخصص في نقل وتركيب أغراض بالكرتون فالأغراض الجديدة غير المستعملة تحتاج لخبير تركيب متخصص في تركيب اثاث بالكرتون بأقل التكاليف.

    http://www.saqr-sa.com/furniture-transfer-company-outside-riyadh/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. I appreciate your sharing this best blog. Virtual Class Software.

    ReplyDelete
  20. شركة تنظيف بحائل من أهم تنظيف المنزل هي نفض الغبار بشكل كامل من على السجاد والستائر والمفروشات بشكل عام والتعامل مع البقع الصعبة شركة نظافة شقق
    تنظيف فلل بحائل
    شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض
    غسيل مجالس كنب سجاد خزانات فرشات فلل شقق

    شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل
    شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل تخضع للرقابة المستمرة من الشركة مما يجعل العميل في حالة رضاء عن الخدمة دون أن يبذل أي عناء في متابعة ومراقبة العمال القائمين شركة تنظيف بحائل
    شركة غسيل مجالس كنب سجاد
    خزانات فرشات منازل
    تنظيف فلل شقق
    شركة تنظيف بحائل
    شركة تنظيف سجاد بحائل
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بحائل
    شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل توفير كافه الادوات والمعدات اللازمه في عمليه النظافة لحصول من خلال مجموعة تنظيف شقق فلل
    غسيل كنب سجاد منازل مجالس خزانات
    تنظيف مكيفات فرشات بحائل
    شركة تنظيف بحائل
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بحائل
    شركة تنظيف منازل بحائل
    شركة تنظيف مكيفات بحائل

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    This blog is very helpful information thank you so much for sharing this. For more information visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Creative Buildingbd is the best Self-leveling epoxy Flooring service provider in Bangladesh. Self-leveling epoxy floor users will get best self-leveling epoxy floor at an affordable price from us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Get the best flat at an affordable price. You can connect with Exotica Housing to get your dream house. We have launched many projects in Noida like Dreamville. top real estate builders in noida extension

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for posting this nice content. It has really very good information. Tent Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is one of the greatest blogs I have ever come across, as it has provided me with valuable information regarding mobile app development company usa. Moreover, it has also provided me with information regarding the best and the most suitable programming languages.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really useful information. Thank you so much for sharing.It
    [url=https://www.cssfounder.com/web-design-company-in-muscat/]Web Design Company in Muscat[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  27. We are a leading web design company that provides cutting edge websites that not only look beautiful but also perform well. Which will help take your company to the next level. If you want to make a good website then contact us.
    Website design company Tel aviv

    ReplyDelete
  28. CSS Founder is a web design and SEO company offering web design, website development, SEO and Internet Marketing, and related web marketing services. Being a leading SEO provider in Lyiv, We have and offer solutions that fit your requirements and budget. We provide expert SEO and web design services in Lyiv.
    Website design company Barrel

    ReplyDelete
  29. If you are looking for a web designing service provider you have come to the right place
    Website design company in Nizamabad

    ReplyDelete
  30. CSS Founder provides services related to websites such as website design / SEO etc. to its customers very well, due to which it has won the hearts of thousands of people. Contact to join CSS Founder.
    Web design company Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very unique information I got here. so many blogs I search and I find but your blog is a different blog than others great job you have done. Resorts in Lansdowne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great Information. If you are looking for Patient Care Services in Ghaziabad, then Accepthealthcare will be the best choice for you. Senior Citizen Home Care Services in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for this amazing Post. Turkey visa apply online Send Email: contact@instadubaivisa.com or email@yoursite.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. بشكل عام، تعد عملية الفتق الاربي بالمنظار طريقة آمنة وفعالة لعلاج الفتق الإربي. إنه يوفر العديد من المزايا مقارنة بالجراحة المفتوحة التقليدية، بما في ذلك ألم أقل وأوقات تعافي أقصر وندوب أقل

    ReplyDelete
  35. Do you want to get the best tent supplier and manufacturer in Dubai, UAE? If yes then connect with AL Mumtaz tents, this is very old and reputed company in Dubai.
    Car parking shades>

    ReplyDelete
  36. Welcome to VisitsVisa, your trusted source for all things related to Indian visa applications. Applying for an India visa can be a confusing and time-consuming process, but with our easy-to-use online platform, we have simplified the entire process for you. Whether you are planning a business trip, or vacation, or visiting family and friends in India, our platform allows you to apply for your India Visa quickly and efficiently from the comfort of your home.

    ReplyDelete